Bandits kill 7, abduct 5 in fresh Sokoto attacks
Seven persons were killed and five others abducted in separate bandits’ attacks in four different communities in Goronyo and Sabon Birni Local Government Areas of Sokoto State.
The communities attacked include Bare, Kagara, Kojiyo in Goronyo LGA and Faji village in Sabon Birni LGA
The bandits reportedly killed six persons in Bare and one in Kagara and also broke into shops and looted some assorted goods.
The Chairman of Goronyo Local Government Council, Abdulwahab Goronyo, who confirmed the attack, said the bandits also rustled several livestock in the villages.
Goronyo explained that the attacks happened around 4pm on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
At Faji village, the bandits were said to have abducted five persons including a man and his two wives.
The abducted persons are Alhaji Yusuf, Suwaiba Isa, Dagumi and his two wives.
The victims were laid to rest on Thursday, December 1, 2022.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband