Court sends two to prison for stealing 69 mattresses
Two security guards have been remanded in a correction centre for allegedly stealing 69 units of school mattresses.
A judge, Umar Mayana, of a Karu Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, ordered the remand of the two on Thursday.
Mayana adjourned the case until Dec. 22, for sentencing.
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Olarewaju Osho, told the court that the complainant, an engineer and supervisor of Parklin International Academy, FCT, reported the matter at the Kurudu Police Station on Dec. 6.
The defendants, he said, on Dec. 4 stole two units of 32 inches Samsung plasma TV and 69 units of eurofoam school mattresses, all valued at N3.1 million.
During police investigation, he said, the defendants admitted to the crime and are currently assisting the police in the process of recovering the stolen properties, Osho told the court.
The offence, he said, contravenes the provisions of sections 97 and 289 of the Penal Code.(
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband