Dembele reveals what Messi told him at Barcelona
France star, Ousmane Dembele, has disclosed the details of his conversation with Lionel Messi when he first arrived at Barcelona.
He revealed the advice Argentina captain, Lionel Messi gave him at Barcelona ahead of both teams’ 2022 FIFA World Cup final clash on Sunday.
Dembele and Messi were teammates for four seasons at Barcelona before the seven-time Ballon d’Or winner joined Paris Saint-Germain in 2021.
The 25-year-old, who has been hampered by injury issues throughout his time at Barcelona, will go up against Messi in this year’s World Cup final, with France aiming to become the first country to successfully defend the trophy.
And Dembele has revealed how Messi encouraged him to adapt his playing style at Camp Nou following his move from Borussia Dortmund in 2017.
According to him, Messi also helped him a lot, adding that France will have to make sure he touches the ball as little as possible this weekend because he is very dangerous.
“I arrived at 20 years old and I wanted to do everything by myself,” Dembele was quoted by Marca as saying.
“He gave me calmness, he told me there was a time to dribble and a time to pass.
“I spent four very good years at Barcelona, he’s one of those who made me love Barcelona along with Iniesta. In the dressing room he’s very simple, he loves the young players.
“I used to sit next to him in the dressing room and he has helped me a lot. We’ve to try to make sure he touches the ball as little as possible because he’s very dangerous,” he added.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband