EFCC Auctions Cars, Laptops, Phones In Enugu
Various cars, laptops, and phones that had been forfeited to the Nigerian federal government were auctioned off by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) South East zonal office.
On Friday, a sizable number of purchasers who were prepared to buy the artifacts attended the auction.
In a total of nine automobiles, nine computers, and nine phones that were auctioned, the bidding was on a highest bidder basis, which caused some of the cars to draw rates as high as five million naira.
Mr. Jerome Itepu, Chief Auctioneer and Chairman of Trabetech K&J Nigeria Limited, characterized the bidding procedure as open and effective.
Itepu said: “I was assigned to auction here in EFCC Office Enugu, I came here and I’ve done the needful. What I was said to come and do here and the bidding process was very fine, well conducted with the cooperation of the EFCC officials and the security personnel, no problem. It was conducted with laughter and everybody was happy.
“Those who got the bids are supposed to pay within 24 hours but as it is, today is Friday and after the documentation, we have to convey contacts, because you have to generate payment schedule which will give you the opportunity to make payment as the highest bidder. We selected the first and second highest bidders. So by Monday, we will generate the apps for them to go and do the payment.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband