Ekpa ends sit-at-home, says no elections in South-East
Simon Ekpa, the self-proclaimed disciple of Indigenous Peoples of Biafra leader Nnamdi Kanu, has officially ended the five-day sit-at-home order in Nigeria’s South-East region.
Ekpa announced the end of the five-day sit-at-home order in a video posted on YouTube on Wednesday night, calling it “historic and successful” for Biafraland.
Additionally, in a recent development, it was noticed that Ekpa stated in the caption of the video that the South-East region would not host the 2023 elections and that this was a “sacrifice” that the people of Biafra must make.
Furthermore, he declared that “ending Nigeria” must be accomplished by 2023.
The caption reads, “To end Nigeria in 2023 is a task that must be done! There will be no general election in Biafraland in 2023, it is a sacrifice and a task that must be done by all Biafrans across the globe.
“I want every Biafran to watch this broadcast and share widely. Don’t miss it…Follow enterbiafra.com to know How IPOB activities delaying Fulanisation of Nigeria.
“I am Simon Ekpa, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s disciple on Biafra restoration.”
WITHIN NIGERIA reports that the five-day sit-at-home order had led to the killing of many residents in the South-East over the last five days.
Ekpa in a viral video had ordered the people of the South-East to observe a sit-at-home from December 9-14, 2022. An order that has been marked by bloodshed and destruction of lives and properties in the region by its enforcers.
Although IPOB, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, denied ever issuing any sit-at-home order on the days mentioned above, violence had continued to reign in the region.
Also, the detained IPOB leader, Kanu, condemned the attacks ongoing in the eastern region of the country following Ekpa’s five-day sit-at-home order.
Subsequently Kanu’s brother, Emmanuel, had also condemned the attacks saying Ekpa had acted like a “paid agent.”
Thousands of angry Nigerians have signed a petition calling for Ekpa’s arrest and pleading with the Finnish government, the Nigerian government, and the European Union to intervene.
The petition as at Thursday morning had been signed by 2,761 persons, calling for Ekpa’s arrest for “terrorism and genocide.”
The petition reads in part, “One Simon Ekpa (also known as Ifeanyi Njoku), a Nigerian living in Finland, and holding Finnish citizenship, has by proxies, successfully established and coordinated an armed rebel group in Eastern Nigeria whom he now wields to destroy lives, property, and businesses in Eastern Nigeria.
“He’s been seen countless times, using his media platforms in Finland to issue orders to his armed goons in Eastern Nigeria to launch deadly attacks on millions of people in the region for flouting his sit-at-home orders.“Simon is a separatist fighting for state secession but has never been brave enough to come home and lead the war from the front in Nigeria. He is rather igniting and fueling terror on his ethnic group who decline his call for secession.
“Simon’s action is stirring up bloodbath – a genocide in the region, and innocent women, children, the aged and youths are the victims dying everyday.
“Sign the petition, and share it everywhere, to call on the Finnish Government, EU, The Nigerian Government to arrest Mr. Simon Ekpa, and investigate all his heinous crimes and terror activities in Eastern Nigeria.”
A quick check on Ekpa’s YouTube channel showed that he has over 72,000 subscribers.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband