France thrash Morocco to set up cracking World Cup final with Argentina
France, the reigning world champions, defeated Morocco 2-0 on Wednesday to advance to the World Cup final against Argentina on Sunday in Qatar.
On Sunday, France and Argentina will face off in the tournament’s championship game, while Morocco and Croatia will square off on Saturday for third place.
France wants to become the third nation to win back-to-back World Cups. Only Brazil and Italy have accomplished that.
Five minutes into the game, the defending champions got things going on the scoreboard. Theo Hernandez pounced on the rebound inside the box at the perfect moment and gleefully rifled the ball into the middle of the goal.
“But of course, we spoke to one another to really understand the need for the budget process to start.
“We all know it has a timeline on which if we don’t conclude, it will affect the system entirely, and everyone, including the civil servants, will suffer the consequences.
“So we try to explain to one another for us to understand the need for them to allow the process to start and that is why the processes are now on,” he said.
The speaker stated that in spite of the delay, the defence was going on smoothly and would be concluded on schedule.
According to him, the members will work every day including weekends to get the budget ready for the governor’s assent before the Dec. 31 deadline.
He said that various committees would scrutinize the budget to provide solutions to the state’s needs.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband