FRSC Confirms 1 Died, 2 Injured In Auto Crash In Enugu
In a fatal accident that took place inside the Enugu metropolis on Thursday, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) reported that one person died and two others suffered critical injuries.
The incident was confirmed to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Thursday by Mr. Joseph Toby, Sector Commander of the FRSC Enugu State Command.
At around one o’clock in the afternoon, according to Toby, an accident happened on the perpetually congested Akanu Ibiam International Airport Road, in the Emene neighborhood.
According to him, the driver of the micro-minibus (Hi-Jet) must have been traveling at peak speed because he was unable to quickly slow down or plainly avoid hitting the pedestrian who was crossing the street.
“When he eventually knocked down the pedestrian, who was attempting to cross the road, the vehicle rammed down a slope, somersaulted and went up in flames immediately.
“FRSC patrol team was closely on hand to give a rescue hand to the two occupants of the bus and the knocked down pedestrian, as well as called the Enugu State Fire Service to put out the fire.
“The driver of the bus died as confirmed by the doctors in the hospital they were rushed to.
“However, his passenger and the pedestrian knocked down, though the two seriously wounded, are responding to treatment,” he said.
The commander, however, urged motorists to be on minimal speed when driving along busy metropolises or roads, especially the ones with high human pedestrian traffic.
“The whole episode should have been avoided if the driver maintained minimal and controlled speed, especially the one needed in a densely populated pedestrian area,” he added. (NAN)
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband