G5 Govs, Other Top PDP Leaders Storm Enugu
The five governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who are upset have arrived in Enugu.
Governors Samuel Ortom of Benue, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers, and Seyi Makinde of Oyo make up the G5 governors.
The PDP’s vice national chairman Taofeek Arapaja and vice chairman for the South-South region Dan Orbih, among others, were among the governors who reportedly landed at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu on Thursday afternoon.
According to a source, the governors are expected to take a final decision on their choice presidential candidate ahead of the next month election as well flag off the Enugu State PDP campaign which will take place on Friday.
This is a developing story…
View all comments
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband