Jonathan sends important message to Buhari
Former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has sent President Muhammadu Buhari an important message on the occasion of his 80th birthday.
Buhari will clock 80 years on Saturday. He was born on 17 December, 1942.
In a statement, Jonathan congratulated President Buhari on his 80th birthday and prayed for God’s guidance and protection as he navigates the nation’s affairs in the final months of his presidency.
Jonathan noted in a goodwill message he personally signed that President Buhari has had the unique opportunity to lead the country twice, as a military Head of State and as a civilian President.
The former President stated; “I am delighted to felicitate you on the occasion of your 80th birthday. I join your family , friends and other well-wishers to thank God for the gift of life and the strength to pilot the affairs of this nation for the past seven and a half years.
“As a leader, you are one of the few Nigerians who have been privileged to administer our country at different political eras; both as a military Head of State and civilian president. During these times, you have offered your best efforts in the pursuit of your aspirations for the nation.
“As you celebrate, I wish you the strength, peace and God’s guidance in the remaining months of your administration and even beyond. On behalf of my family, I wish you a happy birthday.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband