Lagos court sends 5 alleged Ikorodu drug lords to prison
Five suspected drug barons have been remanded at Lagos prison, Ikoyi.
The suspects were arrested in Ikorodu, Lagos, by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.
They were remanded by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos till January 17, 2023, when their bail application would be heard.
Trial judge, Justice Peter Lifu, ordered their remand after their arraignment by the NDLEA.
The defendants are Soji Oke; Wasiu Akinade; Emmanuel Chukwu; Oguntolure Sunday and a Jamaican, Kelvin Smith.
They all pleaded not guilty to six counts charge of conspiracy, unlawful importation of 2,139.55 kilograms of Cocaine, engaging in the organisation, management and financing of a Drug Trafficking Organization, DTO,and unlawful possession of same drug brought against them by the NDLEA
More details later
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband