Masari sacks Yar’Adua university VC, Pro-Chancellor
Katsina State Governor Aminu Bello Masari has directed the immediate resignation of the Vice Chancellor of Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University (UMYU), Prof Sanusi Mamman, and its Pro-Chancellor, Mu’uta Ibrahim.
This followed the adoption of the recommendations of the White Paper drafting committee on the visitation panel that investigated the activities of the university.
Briefing reporters on the adoption of aspects of the committee’s recommendations by the State Executive Council, Special Adviser to the Governor on Higher Education, Dr Bashir Usman Ruwan Godiya, noted that the committee that drafted the White Paper was headed by the Special Adviser to Governor on Human Capital Development, Muhammad Lawal, who is a seasoned administrator and democrat.
According to him, “it was established that there were procedural breeches and financial misconduct as well as moral issues in the university administration.
“Virtually everything was holistically analysed and they came up with their recommendations based on their findings after inviting different stakeholders in the university to appear or present written or verbal memoranda.
“They came up with a report and the report was presented to the Governor who is the visitor and as part of the procedure, the Governor decided to also appoint another committee that is called the White Paper drafting committee.
“The council directed that the Vice-Chancellor should immediately vacate the office and a process will be initiated that will take care of the recruitment of a new Vice Chancellor for the Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband