My Facebook hacked – Tinubu’s campaign Secretary, Faleke denies empowerment fund
James Faleke, Secretary of the Presidential Campaign Council of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential candidate Bola Tinubu, has raised concerns about unscrupulous elements who hacked his official Facebook account.
Faleke lamented that unscrupulous elements hacked his Facebook account in order to extort unsuspecting Nigerians.
In a statement, he issued a ‘Disclaimer’ in which he disavowed the perpetrators of the crime.
Faleke identified the hacker as Lukman Johnny, a Federal Ministry of Agriculture employee in Abuja.
The hackers are asking unsuspecting Nigerians to pay the sum of N18, 000 in order to access an Empowerment fund from the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Campaign Organization.
Unsuspecting Nigerians were asked to pay the sum of N18,500 into a designated account provided by the hackers.
However, the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Finance urged Nigerians to disregard the message.
The statement reads: “I have been inundated with reports from several Nigerians about the activities of some unscrupulous elements who hacked my official Facebook account, to extort unsuspecting Nigerians.
“One of the individuals behind this fraud is also sending messages to unsuspecting victims using the name of a certain Lukman Johnny with phone number 08147136835, and who is said to be a staff of the federal ministry of agriculture in Abuja.”
The message reads: “Johnny on 08147136835 tell him i directed you, he is the director in charge of the empowerment fund in federal ministry of agriculture here in Abuja, he will guide you on what to do’.”
Faleke denied knowledge of such empowerment funds being allocated by Tinubu.
The lawmaker urged Nigerians to track and report the activities of the hackers to security agents.
“I wish to put on record that I am not aware of any empowerment fund being allocated or distributed to any individual or group of persons by Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, or by myself,” he added
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband