My people are tired of bad leadership, Enugu NRM House of Reps candidate declares
The National Rescue Movement, NRM candidate for the Federal House of Representatives of Igbo-Etiti/Uzo-Uwani Federal Constituency, Barr. Obidike Okolo has said that his constituency is tired of bad representation.
Barr. Obidike made this assertion in an exclusive interview with WITHIN NIGERIA in Nsukka.
According to him, “I believe my people of Igbo-Etiti/Uzo-Uwani Federal Constituency deserve better representation than what is presently obtainable. I know I have the capacity to fill that gap. Hence, I seek an opportunity to serve my people in the green chambers.”
Explaining further, the astute legal luminary stated that “like I said earlier, we lack competent representation and that is the marked difference which I will bring on board if given the opportunity.
“But specifically, I hope to return the office and its benefits back to the people of Igbo-Etiti/Uzo-Uwani to enable them benefit as ought.”
On what gave him the courage to wrestle power with the incumbent House of Representatives member who is also in the ruling party in the state, Barr. Obidike who is also the acting National Secretary, National Rescue Movement (NRM) stressed thus,”well, there has been an unending injustice, marginalisation, unfairness, and inequity in wealth and distribution of opportunities and people are tired. People are yearning for a genuine and positive change, thus they are prepared to make this change by voting for justice and equity which is what I represent. That is enough encouragement that we are on the path of victory.”
WITHIN NIGERIA gathered that since the return to democracy in 1999, the Uzo-Uwani local government has produced only one member in the Igbo-Etiti/Uzo-Uwani Federal House of Representatives Constituency in the person of Hon.Paul Eze(2007-2011).
Since then, it has been all Igbo-Etiti local government affairs, a situation that has continued to agitate the minds of Uzo-Uwani people.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband