NCoS Tasks Officers On Effective Reformation Of Deviants
The Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS) Katsina State Command has advised its officers to effectively put the skills they learned during their recent training in Kebbi State to use.
This was stated by ASC Najib Idris, the state’s NCoS Command spokesperson, to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Katsina.
According to him, Abdulkadir Bashir, a Correctional Assistant (CA) I who had obtained an award during his six months of training, was receiving advise from Muhammad Abdulmuminu, the Controller of the NCoS.
He described how during the six-month Basic Course at the Kebbi Correctional Service Training College, Bashir was recognized as the finest in parade drills.
He quoted the controller saying that, “the call was necessary so as to ensure effective reformation, rehabilitation and reintegration of deviants back to the society as law abiding citizens.
“CA Bashir was presented with the college award by the management of the school as a mark of recognition to appreciate his devotion during the training.
“Similarly, he was given a medal as the best in parade by the state controller, CC Abdulmumin, during their four weeks induction course at state headquarters, Katsina.
“While addressing CA Bashir and other course participants from the command who attended the course, the controller applauded their perseverance, self-control and maturity exhibited throughout the period of the training.
“Katsina Command participants had previously shown outstanding performances in their various courses,” according to Idris.
He explained that ASC Aliyu Tambai was also awarded best in academics during his basic course.
ASC Najibullah Idris was crowned best cadet in parade at CTCK Lagos, and ASC Auwal Badaru-Faskari was rated first in leadership.
Idris added that Badaru-Faskari’s co-participant, ASC Mufida Mansur, also became the most well behaved cadet at Correctional Staff College, Barnawa-Kaduna.
He added that, “in addition, all of them were given different awards during their four weeks induction course at the State Headquarters Katsina by the Controller, Abdulmumin.
“Moreover, the immediate past Public Relations Officer of the command, SC Ibrahim Wada, was also awarded a Merit Certificate for leadership in social during the 5th DSC Development Course at the CTCK Lagos.” (NAN)
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband