No cause for alarm- Lawyer
Pelumi Olajengbesi, a human rights lawyer, has stated that there is no cause for alarm because the Osun State Election Petition Tribunal will rule on Governor Ademola Adeleke’s victory in the July 16 governorship election on Friday (tomorrow).
Olajengbesi expressed optimism that the Tribunal will dismiss the appeal filed by the All Progressives Congress and former governor Gboyega Oyetola against Governor Adeleke on Friday, saying the language of justice is clear and it will be dispensed rightly.
He stated that the Tribunal will dismiss Oyetola and APC’s appeal, just as the Supreme Court dismissed a lawsuit brought by an ex-governorship aspirant on the Peoples Democratic Party platform, Dotun Babayemi, challenging Adeleke’s candidacy in September 2022.
Senator Adeleke had at the governorship election on July 16 retrieved his mandate that was stolen four years ago when he secured 403,371 votes, 28,344 more than Oyetola who polled 375,027 votes. Senator Adeleke’s victory was resounding as he recorded landslide win in 17 local governments out of the 30 local councils. Senator Adeleke was subsequently announced as the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission and sworn in as Executive Governor on November 27, 2022.
However, Oyetola and the APC approached the Tribunal to challenge Senator Adeleke’s victory, citing fallacious.
Olajengbesi said, “The victory of Senator Ademola Adeleke as the Governor of Osun State is divinely orchestrated. It is testament that God rules over the affairs of men and gives power to whoever he wills and in this case, He has made Senator Adeleke the occupant of Oke Fia Osun Government House for the next four years.
“There is no cause for alarm as the Tribunal delivers its judgement on Friday. The Adeleke camp remain unshaken because the language of justice is clear and it will be dispense appropriately in our favour.
“Oyetola and his co-travellers are failures trying their luck after suffering a monstrous defeat. They are half-cut snakes; they are politically dead already but only swirling and twirling after given a bloody nose at the poll.
“Again, like the Supreme Court ruled in favour of Adeleke in September, the Tribunal will affirm the Senator as the democratically elected governor of Osun on Friday and this matter will be laid to rest at once.
“Already, the people of Osun State are already enjoying the dividends of good governance they were starved of in the last four years, in fact in the last 12 years of the APC anti-people administration. The people of Osun defended their mandate at the election in July and will defend it once more at the Tribunal. Adeleke shall emerge victorious once more. Imole de!”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband