Obaseki mourns passing of Nigeria’s Envoy to Spain, Amb. Seriki
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has mourned the passing of Nigeria’s Ambassador to Spain, Ambassador Ademola Rasaq Seriki.
In a statement, Obaseki described Ambassador Seriki as a kindhearted and compassionate diplomat.
According to him, “It is with a heavy heart that I mourn the passing of Nigeria’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Spain, Ambassador Ademola Rasaq Seriki (CON), who passed at the age of 63 years.
“Ambassador Seriki was kindhearted and compassionate with a personality that was affable and endearing.
“He was a thorough-bred diplomat who was devoted to his responsibilities, deploying his wealth of experience and knowledge in service of the motherland.”
The governor said late Amb. Seriki was a complete gentleman, who performed creditably at various times when he was called upon to serve the country, first as a Minister and later as an Ambassador.
“I condole with the government and people of Lagos State; the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu and the Ambassador’s immediate family.
“I pray that God will grant all the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband