Ogun man arrested while bathing with blood at a river
A 49-year-old man identified as Ganiyu Shina, has been arrested by the police for bathing with blood at a community river in Kotopo area of Odeda local government in Ogun State.
The suspect was said to had parked his Nissan commercial vehicle, came out with local sponge and a container filled with blood and started bathing with it.
Immediately he discovered that some people were watching him, he took to his heels, but was chased and apprehended by members of the community.
A call was made to the police at Aregbe divisional headquarters by a member of the community, and the DPO, SP Bunmi Asogbon quickly led the patrol team to the scene, from where the suspect was brought to the station.
On interrogation, the suspect claimed to have a spiritual problem, and that a herbalist instructed him to perform the ritual. He claimed further that the blood in his possession is not human blood, but that of cow.
The state police spokesperson, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, who confirmed the incident said the state Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Bankole, has directed that the remaining blood should be taken for laboratory analysis, to ascertain whether it is human blood or not.
Oyeyemi added that the police boss has also praised members of the community for not taking laws into their hands and assured them that the suspect will be properly investigated.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband