PDP responsible for ongoing fuel scarcity –Oshiomhole
Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should be blamed for the deepening fuel scarcity crisis.
Fuel scarcity resurfaced across Nigeria some weeks back, with some marketers adjusting the price.
Speaking on Channels TV’s Politics Today, Oshiomhole, who is a deputy Director-General of Tinubu-Shettima Campaign Council, said the inability of the PDP to fix Nigeria’s refineries during its 16-year reign is partly responsible for the ongoing fuel scarcity.
He also blamed the opposition party for its inconsistency on privatization of refineries.
He said, “We must ask the question: who destroyed the refineries? What was the condition of the refineries by 1999? From 1999 to 2015, PDP was in power for 16 years. During this 16 years, if they bring out the figure, what they claimed to have spent maintaining these refineries, you will faint.
“And a PDP president decided to privatise the refineries, that was (Olusegun) Obasanjo, towards the tail end of his tenure, another PDP president came and revised the privatisation, promised six months that fuel will be available,” he said.
“So, if you have to talk about the maintenance of the refineries, you will have to trace it to the 16 years of the PDP, they couldn’t fix it.”
He listed the successes of the APC administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari since assumption of office in May 2015 to include the Petroleum Industry Act, and attracting the “right investment” to the sector including the refinery in Lagos owned by Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband