Police invites Twitter user over N350,000 bribery allegation
The Twitter account holder of @princenenchecfr has been invited by the Anambra State Police Command to prove his post that the divisional police officer in-charge of Awka Central Police Station demanded N350,000 to release the corpse of someone allegedly killed during a cult war in Awka.
In a press statement by the state police public relations officer, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, on Friday, the command said this will help them get to the root of the matter.
“The Command wishes to inform the members of the public that the said corpse has not been released, just as I early said it is not within the powers of the DPO to release corpse or to investigate murder cases.
“The case has been transferred to State CID for proper review and consolidation of information before us.
“Recall on Saturday 26/11/2022, there was rivalry Cult shootings that took place in Awka and this led to the murder of a young man. The Command already have three suspects in custody and investigation is still ongoing.
“The Command also want to use this medium to invite the Twitter handler *@princenenchecfr* to Anambra State Police Command by 11am on Wednesday 7/12/2022 to come with evidence and witnesses of persons when the DPO demanded the sum of three hundred and fifty thousand naira from him and later the corpse was released. This will enable us come out with facts of what transpired.
“The Command, while thanking the members of the public especially our followers on their comments and reactions, we urge you to sustain it and note that, it is from such that help in our decision to improve on our services.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband