Remanded Aisha Buhari’s critic ought to start exams on Monday – Lawyer
CK Agu, counsel for Aminu Adamu Mohammed, a student at the Federal University, Dutse, who was arrested after criticising First Lady, Aisha Buhari said he requested bail for his client to enable him start his final exams on December 5 but was denied.
WITHIN NIGERIA had reported that that Mohammed was arrested over a post he made on his Twitter page in Hausa, where he allegedly accused Aisha Buhari of “Mama is feeding fat on poor people’s money.”
Aminu’s uncle said the student was taken to the Presidential Villa where he was beaten before he was remanded at Suleja Prison in Niger State.
But the student’s lawyer told the BBC Hausa that his client was arraigned in Abuja and pleaded not guilty to the crime he was accused of.
Agu said that since November 25, he requested that Aminu be granted bail but was denied.
“Even in yesterday’s court session, we informed the judge that we requested the police to grant Aminu bail in time, but they did not respond on weather they would release him or not.
“Therefore, we requested the court to grant him bail on the grounds of ill health and that he will start exams on December 5. And now the court has ordered the police to present the bail request which was filed so that the court can act on the request today or tomorrow,” he said.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband