Security committee nabs bandits, drug runners, others
The Zamfara State Anti-Thuggery Committee says an array of characters and nonstate actors wreaking havoc in the state have been apprehended.
Among those arrested is a 14-year-old boy who specialized in breaking shops and stealing motorcycles belonging to business people in the state.
The chairman of the committee, Hon. Bello Mohammed announced the development while addressing newsmen in Gusau, the state capital.
Mohammed said the suspect was arrested while perpetrating his illegal activities, saying that investigation was ongoing.
Speaking further, Bakyasuwa said that the committee has also arrested two females and a tricycle driver in the wee hours of the day who were in possession of narcotic drugs in Gusau.
He said that the committee suspected that the two females and the driver were on their way to supply narcotics to armed bandits in their enclaves.
The chairman said that some of the suspects arrested by the committee would be handed over to the relevant security agencies for legal action.
He appealed to the general public to always give useful information to the committee to enable it to free the state from the menace of insecurity.
He said that no society can thrive without security, pointing out that the security agencies alone cannot do the work without collaboration with the general public.
Said he: “If the general public agrees to assist the security agencies in the fight against insecurity, success would be assured because the public knows all the movement of the bandits but are afraid to expose them for the fear of being attacked by the bandits.”
He assured that every piece of information given to the committee will be treated in total confidence so that the indigenes would be free to assist the security agencies with vital information.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband