Tears as family buries slain BRT passenger
The remains of Bamise Ayanwola, who was abducted and killed after boarding a Bus Rapid Transport vehicle, in February, have been buried on Friday at the Atan Cemetery, Yaba, in Lagos.
WITHIN NIGERIA recalls that 22-year-old Bamise went missing after boarding a bus at the Chevron area of Lekki on her way to Oshodi and her body was found days later with some body parts missing.
A BRT driver, Andrew Ominnikoron, who is facing counts of conspiracy, rape and murder over Bamise’s death, was said to be conveying the victim to a destination in Oshodi when she observed that he refused to pick other passengers on the road.
Banise reportedly contacted one of her colleagues at work, Felicia Omolara, to inform her about her suspicion and she was advised to disembark from the bus.
Omolara, however, noted that when her friend no longer responded to her chats on WhatsApp, she called her phone number, adding that when she picked up the call, a man was heard arguing with Oluwabamise.
Meanwhile, the busman later claimed that he had no connection with the fashion designer’s death but was only following instructions of her abductors who held him and Bamise hostage on the bus.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband