Terrorists teaching their own children how to perpetuate terrorism – Army general
Christopher Musa, theatre commander of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), says terrorists are inculcating, in the minds of their own children, the act of terrorism and how the diabolical and heinous actions that accompany it can be sustained.
This is as he disclosed that about 83,000 Boko Haram members have so far surrendered to the troops of the Nigerian army.
Speaking on Friday during a visit to Mai Mala Buni, Yobe governor, Musa said the terrorists are training their children to take over from them.
He, however, stated that the surrendered terrorists are currently undergoing rehabilitation at various facilities.
The theatre commander said 41,000 of the surrendered terrorists are children who were being trained as future fighters.
“God has been very magnanimous for us, we have received a lot of surrendered individuals. We are moving almost 83, 000 now, out of that number, over 41, 000 are children,” Musa said.
“The terrorists are trying to develop a new set of terrorists, their own children and that would have been very dangerous because you know normally for children when they grow up and whatever they see is what they copy.
“So, if they grow and think killing is natural, they become very dangerous.”
The theatre commander said the military and other security agencies will continue to implement effective strategies to bring terrorism in the region to an end.
“Whatever it takes, whatever it needs for us to have peace, we are determined to achieve that. The chief of army staff has been very, very supportive in all we are doing and that has made our work much, much easier,” he said.
The theatre commander, in a recent interview with TheCable, had said the terrorists are surrendering because they want to live a normal life.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband