Three-man gang arrested for robbing pedestrians in Lagos
Three-man gang have been arrested by the police for robbing pedestrians of their valuables in Meiran area of Lagos State.
The state police spokesperson, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, who disclosed this in a statement on Friday, December 16, 2022, said the suspects fled upon spotting the policemen.
Hundeyin said the policemen gave the robbers a hot chase, apprehended one of them, Azeez Jimoh and recovered a locally made pistol, unexpended cartridges, stolen items from him.
Further investigation led to the arrest of the two fleeing members of the gang, Wasiu Adegbola and Oluwaseun Ajayi.
“On 15/12/2022 at about 2350hrs, three men using a motorcycle, while robbing pedestrians, spotted Meiran Division patrol officers and took to their heels,” the statement read.
“After a hot pursuit, Azeez Jimoh was arrested with a locally made pistol, three unexpended cartridges, eight stolen phones, a wristwatch, a security chain and padlock and N93,200 cash. Efforts are on to arrest the fleeing two.
“Investigations led to the arrest of the other two suspects: Wasiu Adegbola aged 22 and Oluwaseun Ajayi aged 30. Prosecution follows at the conclusion of investigatio,” he added.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband