Tinubu Makes N35m Donation For Orphanage Building
A Muslim religious group called Fityanul Islam of Nigeria (FIN) has endorsed Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the APC’s presidential candidate, ahead of the general elections in 2023.
At a group fundraiser on Thursday at the National University Commission Hall in Abuja to support the thousands of orphans who lost their parents in the numerous terrorist attacks across the nation, FIN President Sheikh Muhammad-Arabi Ahmad Abdulfathi announced FIN’s support for the Tinubu/Shettima presidential ticket.
He claimed that their support for the Tinubu/Shettima ticket was not motivated by his identification with a particular religion but rather by his qualifications and track record.
According to him, Tinubu and his running-mate, Kashim Shettima who was the former governor of Borno State remained the best choice for Nigeria in 2023 and urged his members across the country to vote en masse for APC Presidential candidate in the general election.
Early APC Presidential candidate Bola Ahmed Tinubu who was the chief launcher and chairman of the special fundraising for the building of an orphanage and skills acquisition centre, donated the sum of N25 million to the project.
Mr Tinubu’s donation was announced by his running mate, Kashim Shettima who also donated the sum of N10m to the project.
Shettima, who represented his principal as the chairman of the fundraising, said the donation was not to secure the support of the pioneer Muslim group, but a sadaqatul jariyah (charity) that will not only benefit them in this life but after their death.
“Caring for orphans is a significant part of Islam, orphans are mentioned 52 times in the Holy Quar’an and Allah describes the righteous in Paradise as being those who took care of orphans during their worldly life, this encapsulate the importance of caring for orphans as the best investment for here and hereafter. It is not about the beautiful car, houses and power we acquired in this world,” Shettima said.
The Kaduna State APC governorship candidate, Senator Uba Sani, also donated N20m to the building of an orphanage and a skills acquisition centre to be named after the venerable Islamic leader, late Sheikh Ibrahim Inyass and will be situated in Zaria, Kaduna State.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband