Victor Osimhen is Serie A best striker
AS Roma legend, Francesco Totti, said 23-year-old Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, is the best striker in the Serie A.
Speaking on BepiTV1, Totti said, “The strongest striker in Serie A? In my opinion, it is Osimhen. First, because he (Osimhen) scores, when the ball falls to him he scores.
“And then he makes himself available to the team. He is always in the right place at the right time.”
Osimhen managed 10 goals and three assists in 30 appearances in his debut season in Italy due to njury, suspensions, and coronavirus-related problems.
The in-form Napoli striker improved upon in his second season as he notched 18 goals and made six assist in 32 games for the Partenopei.
The Nigeria int’l was also named the Best Young Player of the 2021/22 season beating Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic, Leao of AC Milan and Sassuolo’s duo Gianluca Scamacca and Giacomo Raspadori to the prestigious award despite scoring fewer goals than the trio.
So far this season, Osimhen has bagged 10 goals in 14 appearances across all competitions.
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband