Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, APC PCC, has explained why President Muhammadu Buhari, cannot attend all the election campaigns of the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
A member of the Public Affairs Directorate APC PCC, Mariya Ibrahim Baba, said Buhari is too busy to attend all Tinubu’s election campaigns
Ibrahim Baba stated this on Friday while fielding questions during an interview on Arise Television’s Morning Show programme.
The PCC member said the president had marked out places he would accompany Tinubu for campaigns, adding that it would not be wise for him (Buhari) to abandon all his duties as president to go about campaigning.
She however revealed that the president will be in Katsina very soon to campaign for Tinubu.
She said, “Buhari is still the president of Nigeria and he has work to do. If you notice he has outlined the places he will accompany the presidential candidate to campaign and he has been to other places even when we flagged off our campaign in Jos he was there and he’s going to be in Katsina very soon.
“But he is the sitting president and you don’t expect him to leave office for the whole campaign period to go out to campaign when he has work to do. It doesn’t make sense.
“He has to divide his time into these two very important areas. As the president he has to attend to his duties too.
“He has accompanied our candidate and he will continue to accompany him until election day.”
- CSOs Push For Further Extension, Make Case For Students
- CBN begins old naira notes swap in Sokoto
- Probe banks over scarcity of new notes – MURIC to EFCC, NFIU
- Osun verdict, affirmation of Buhari’s tech-based electoral reforms – APC
- Reps ask NUC to shut down schools to allow students to vote
- Why Tribunal sacked Osun gov, Adeleke
- Why Buhari can’t attend all Tinubu’s campaigns
- APC Gov’ship candidate berates Bala Muhammed over inconsistent salary, pension payment
- Five miners killed, others injured as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Siasia loses appeal against FIFA ban in U.S court
- Nasarawa gov loses son, Hassan
- Why FG Could Not Track Terrorists, Bandits, Kidnappers’ Phones – Pantami
- Why we re-arrested Dibu Ojerinde, ex-JAMB registrar – ICPC
- My Govt Did Well, History Will Be Fair To Me – Buhari
- How my wife battled for survival as hospitals refused treatment – Slain lawyer’s husband